These are few of my favorite things about Grandpa:
-As Kris (Babb) says, he was full of joy and energy.
-He would ask about my life in Houston and would then go on to tell me one story or another from when he lived there as a young man.
-The picture of him from when he was a minister, I would look at that and imagine being back in time. I would have liked to see how his community responded to him, I'm sure he was held in high regard. What a classy man.
-You could see the love between he and Grandma, caught in a quick glance or as they would hold hands on a walk. He treated her with a tender sweetness.
-His bird calls and the farewells he would play on his conch shells as we would leave their house.
-He was such a teaser and particularly loved to tease Grandma.
Please give each other hugs from me at his service this weekend. I will look forward to hearing all about it.

2 comments:
I love that picture. Man he was a looker!
I am LOL at his comment about Grandma...so funny.
I loved his humor, too. Thanks for sharing your memories! In some ways his humor reminded me of the same kind of humor that Pres. Hinckley had. Cute, spontaneous, quick, sometimes self-deprecating, but not in a way that would make others uncomfortable. He was a wonderful gift to our family.
Post a Comment