I have been waiting for a time to really sit down and remember and ponder my thoughts of Grandpa,but it just hasn't happened maybe because having 6 kids life is just busy. So, I guess this moment will have to do. Here is what I remember and will miss.
I am not sure if any one besides Amy and I were fortunate to go on an extended trip with Grandpa and Grandma, but when Amy and I were 10 they took us on a road trip to Canada. What lucky girls we were to be able to spend that time with them. He was so good at keeping sane with two crazy girls in tow.
To me it seems kinda ironic that Grandpa passes so close to General Conference weekend. Some of my favorite memories are of going to San Diego to watch conference with them. Grandpa loved to show us his clocks and help us stomp on the snails in the garden.
My family and I were fortunate to live close enough to accompany my mom for several 4th of July celebrations at The Lake of the Pines. I loved eating dinner and then walking down to the lake to watch the show. I miss it every year. My son Malachi remembers Grandpa's last 4th of July in CA. We were eating dinner and Grandpa told Malachi that the both of them weren't allowed to eat jello because Grandma would be mad if they dropped it on the carpet. Malachi being young didn't quite get the humor and was saddened. He had Jello.
Faith went to Daniel and Jennifer's receptions a few years ago and she recalls Grandpa telling her "Come over here we don't want to talk with those old people".
Gill was a wonderful Grandpa, I always knew he loved me. I am sorry I couldn't come to the funeral. I will miss him.
October 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment